CLASS FOOTBALL SQUAD DIVIDED FOR PRACTICE

Afternoon's Workout on Formations Followed by Football Wresting Won by Sophomores

The second day of class football was featured by a division of the squad according to classes for the purpose of drill in the fundamental formations which the several teams will use this fall. The work in foundations followed the usual setting to and charging exercises. While the backs and ends practiced kicks and passes the line men took a step forward in their training with a short breaking through drill E. B. Daniell '26, took charge of the Juniors while John Donovan '22, explained to the Sophomores the general line of play which they will follow this season. M. A. Cheek '26, took she Seniors in hand, but not enough Senior have yet reported to form a complete team so that little could be done in working out formations.

Wrestle For Football

In accordance with the policy which the coaching staff has adopted of making the workouts as much fun as possible, the coaches again ended the day with another form of rivalry between the three classes. The classes competed yesterday in wrestling for a football, the Sophomores defeating the Juniors in the final match for the championship.

A slight increase in the number of aspirants for the teams was noted yesterday over the initial session but more are still needed to make the class outfits into powerful and smoothly running aggregations. The class players will be used to demonstrate plays before the University squad this year in addition to their can etition in regular interclass games.