COVENANTERS IN CONFIDENT MOOD

Coach Horween's Men Continue to Down Black Shirts--Three Touchdowns in 23-0 Victory

Beaver Falls, Pa., Sept. 29--Having made an excellent showing against Cornell in the opening game of the season for both elevens, at Ithaca last Saturday, Geneva will begin its second trek to the East tonight to meet Harvard in the Cambridge Stadium, next Saturday.

Although the Covenanters secretly had hoped to upset Cornell, they have refused to take the 6-0 reversal as other than an achievement to be proud of, Coach McMillin declared upon his arrival home that his team performed every bit as well as he had expected. Defensively, it was pronounced by Ithaca critics to have been on a par with any team seen there in several seasons. Time and again it withstood the crunching drives of Dobie's husky backs.

The Harvard game is another matter, however, so far as the Genevans are concerned. It is thought here that the Crimson cannot possibly be as formidable as Cornell, hence there is an optimistic slant to the view held on the outcome. There were no injuries to speak of suffered in the inaugural, and Coach McMillin will be able to use the same team which faced Cornell.

The outstanding member of the Geneva squad is Hubbard. In this young Southern gentleman Cambridge fans will see perhaps the fastest big man in football. Hubbard carries his 235 pounds with the quickness and sureness of foot of a tiger and is a savage, sure tackler. His playing stood out conspicuously against Cornell.