RED SHIRTS DOWN SECONDS, 23-0

University Team Scores Three Touchdowns Easily

The second successive day of scrimmage for the University football squad yesterday saw the Crimson regulars scoring three touchdowns against the seconds, and scoring two of the three attempts for the point after touchdown, and adding another three points to the total through a drop kick from the toe of Chauncey.

Following the preliminary kicking practice session inside the Stadium, and the routine dummy and signal drill Coach Horween sent for the second team and gave the University the ball on its own 15-yard line. It took just 11 plays for the varsity to put across the initial score. Stafford making the touchdown on a pretty forward pass from French. Sayles, playing fullback in the Team A offensive quartet added the extra point.

University Scores Rapidly

Again the University was given the ball on its 45-yard mark, and this time it took just six plays to score the second touchdown of the afternoon. The red shirts' advance this time was featured by a pretty 35-yard dash by Miller which put the ball in position where French took it across on the next try. Sayles missed his try for the goal

Team B entered the fray at this point and the substitutes began a sustained offensive with Chauncey and Crosby doing the bulk of the ball carrying. Crosby eventually carrying the ball over the line Chauncey kicked the goal.

Putnam Replaces Hamlen

Putnam was substituted for Hamlen at quarterback when the ball was brought out to midfield and the quarterback of last year's Freshman outfit dodged the scrub line for several subsequent spins. At the 20-yard mark Putnam elected to try for a goal from the fold and Chauncey easily negotiated the try for the three points.