COURSE TO COVER AERIAL INDUSTRY

Exhibits and Notes Sent From Many Foreign Countries--Model Airplanes On View in December

Aerial route time-tables, posters, maps, photographs, and charts are pouring into the Business School library from America, Europe, and Asia, in preparation for the study of industrial aviation in Business Policy 12, under the supervision of Professor J. A. de Haas, William Ziegler Professor of Foreign Trade.

An exhibit of this varied material, together with model airplanes, will be arranged at the Business School in December.

Soviet Russia, Holland, Austria, Germany, and France have been the main contributors to the data which is to play an important part in the study of industrial aviation, while a complete list of the correspondents includes Greece, Egypt, India, and Chile. Every noteworthy company engaged in practical transportation by air in the two hemispheres has been reached in the search for operating statistics and organization data. In addition to this thorough canvass of aviation corporations, the Business School has written to the American chambers of Commerce in Athens, Brussels, Tokyo, Lisbon, Calcutta, Rio de Janciro, and every other important city in the world.

The publications of European air-transport corporations show an advanced development of commercial aviation in the Old World, as complete information is provided for the air passengers, including books of elaborate photographic views along the air routes, and comprehensive time tables with connections to all parts of Europe, Asia, and Africa. Posters displayed by aviation corporations in France, Germany, and Russia, and sent to the Business School show that a keen competition exists in the air transportation business of Europe.