Ancient Revolver, Contemporary of Buffalo Bill, Now On Exhibit--Will Be Used on Stage by Harvard Dramatists

Yesterday the Harvard Dramatic Club placed on exhibition in the window of Leavitt and Peirce's an old revolver used on the Western ranges in the 'eighties by Major Frank North, Partner of Buffalo Bill, which is to be flourished by one of the thespian cowpunchers in "The Chisholm Trail" next month.

Mrs. E.H. Sullivan, the author of the play, secured this gun for the club from E.W. North of Columbus, Nebraska, a nephew of Major North, who was a range leader fifty years ago.

In 1882, when E.W. North was a young cowboy riding for Colonel Cody (Buffalo Bill), he used this gun to make the last sanctioned killing of wild buffalo on the short grass lands of Nebraska.

The gun, a Colt, 45 six-shooter, is exactly the type carried by rangers forty years ago throughout the West. It is known to have been used in several memorable encounters with the Indian tribes who were still hostile at that time.

Because of its historical interest, the Dramatic Club has insured the gun for a large amount for the period that it will be in Cambridge. Mr. North has promised the weapon to the Nebraska. Historical Society, and it will go directly to that organization at the conclusion of the performances of "The Chisholm Trail."