THE MICHIGAN GAME.

The announcement that definite arrangements have been completed for a gridiron contest between Harvard and the University of Michigan in 1929 will occasion little surprise among those who have followed the University's football policy for the last few years. The plan of making the Yale game the only permanent one on the Harvard schedule and of rotating all other opponents was definitely established by the Harvard athletic authorities last year and in general has worked successfully. The signing of a two year, home-and-home agreement with Michigan to replace Pennsylvania on the first November Saturday is a logicallstep in the pursuance of this policy.

There are also other bases for a football rivalry between Harvard and Michigan. To the undergraduate the prospect of a game in Ann Arbor in 1929 may not be particularly exciting. The chances are ten to one that he will not make the trip West to see the game. But to the Harvard graduate of the Middle West it will offer the rare opportunity of seeing his team in action, and for the undergraduate body of Harvard as a whole it is likely to furnish a justification in the eyes of mid-Western critics who are wont to scoff at Harvard's athletic degeneracy and lack of manly qualities.