SEVEN NETMEN TO START SOUTHERN JAUNT MONDAY

TWO TEAMS ON LAST YEAR'S TICKET TO BE MET AGAIN

The University tennis team, which seven players, will leave Cambridge Saturday for the Spring jaunt to the South, stopping off at Providence on the way to meet the Agawam Hunt Club on Saturday afternoon.

Of the seven netmen making the trip, three, Captain J.P.W. Whitbeck '27, J.H. Gordon '27, and P.M. Lenhart '27, were on the team which invaded the Southland last Spring. The four men who are making the trip for the first time are B.H. Whitbeck '29, J.H. Appleton '27, Stephen Thompson '27, and T.O. Kingsbury '27.

The schedule calls for participation in matches in five different cities. Two matches on this year's list were on the schedule which the University netmen faced last season. In the Mason-Dixon Championships at White Sulphur Springs last Spring, the Crimson team suffered its only defeat when Tilden, Richards, and other net stars of a like caliber subdued the Harvard players. The net team with again meet the Norfolk Country Club players, whom they defeated last Spring.

Manager W.E. Trevvett '27 and Coach Harry Cowles will accompany the team.

The schedule of five matches follows:

April 16--Agawam Hunt Club at Providence.

April 18-19--Mason and Dixon Championships at White Sulphur Springs.

April 20-21--Norfolk Country Club at Norfolk, Virginia.

April 22--Chevy Chase Country Club at Washington, D.C.

April 23--Columbia at Rye, N.Y.