HOLD INTRA-MURAL TRACK MEET MAY 7

Class and Departmental Teams Will Clash in Final Event--University Crown at Snake

An all inclusive intra-mural and inter-departmental track meet will be held at Soldiers Field May 7, it was announced last night by D. J. Kelly and M. A. Cheek '26, in charge of class activities.

This meet, held the same day on which Edvin Wide will run, is expected to differ in several respects from the former annual spring meets. This year, instead of having the activities last over several days, it is expected to conclude the meet in one afternoon of intense field events. An innovation, also, this year, will be the relay race that will conclude the meet. This, it was announced, is characteristic of Western colleges, but has never characterized the East. It is expected that this relay race, in which class and department teams may compete, will be a feature of the day.

Track teams from each class of each department of the University may compete in every event of the meet. It is expected that there will be permanent cups givn for each event, some of which have been presented to winners of track events in the University for a number of years.

Championship class teams will be decided on the basis of five places in each event. Points will be kept on record for each class of the various departments, and the departments will receive recognition only indirectly.

One of the features of this meet will be the fact that all members of the University, regardless of their scholastic standing, will be allowed to compete.