AUTHORITIES VOICE COMMENDATION OF ATHLETIC REVIVAL

Speculation Rife in All Circles of University Society -- Strength of Invaders Stressed

That Harvard and Princeton universities are officially in accord with the spirit of the CRIMSON-Princetonian game today, is evident from the following statements issued yesterday by several of the authorities of both universities.

President John Grier Hibben, "I am much interested in the baseball game to be played between the Harvard CRIMSON and the Daily Princetonian. It has my hearty approval."

Dean C.N. Greenough '98: "I am very glad to hear that the two universities are to meet in any friendly contest."

Dean Christian Gauss, "I am delighted to see this resumption of relations."

E.A. Whitney '17, former president of the CRIMSON and Chairman of the Board of Tutors in the Department of History and Literature: "Any resumption of relations between the two universities is gratifying, and this attempt to combine the journalistic and the athletic should go far to establish a mutual understanding of the viewpoint of each university."

Activity of CRIMSON and Princetonian reporters secured a number of comments on the game and predictions of the outcome from personages who represent all circles of society in the two universities.

Princeton Predicts

Joseph Prendergast, football star. "I am glad to see that the CRIMSON and the Prince are going to play. For certain obvious reasons concerning base running, I differ from the opinion of the majority in predicting a low score."

Jack Honore, noted University barber, "Perhaps this game will have some effect in relieving the tension and will produce better feeling. I would hardly like to predict a score, but it will probably be large. Upon careful consideration, I might guess that fostering a friendly spirit is not the only purpose of the game, and that more than baseball playing will be done in Cambridge and vicinity."

Mike, prominent Yard cop. "Sure Why not have the game if the boys want some fun? As for the score, I predict a 36 to 34 result-with the Prince-board on top. Behind the hurling of Chappie Rose the Nassau-nine should have no difficulty."

Harvard Hopeful

L.F. Daley '27, President of the Harvard Student Council: "The game speaks for itself."

Fred Mitchell, Harvard baseball coach: "I've always said that the bigger they come the harder they fall, and this spitball pitcher that these Princetonian editors have may get by all right for eight innings but he's sure to blow up in the end. Tell the second baseman to play around, like Ullman doesn't, and the pitcher to keep out of the hole, like ours don't, play for the run, and you'll win. Anybody batting over a thousand gets a tryout with the Braves."

Isadore Karakov '27, Harvard baseball captain: "This is the first time I ever wished to be a CRIMSON editor."

R.A. Pinkerton '27, Harvard polo captain: "From all I've heard both teams are going to need transportation getting around the bases. We would be glad to place a few of our old nags at your disposal if you promise to keep them away from the trough at third base."

Mike, Harvard mascot: "To hell with Yale."

Bob Lampoon, for 25 years unsuccessful coach of the Lampoon baseball team: "Of course I can't say for sure because I haven't seen the Princeton boys play. But from the way the Lampoon has beaten the CRIMSON ever since I've been around here it looks as though the Princetonian ought to win. (Ed. note: The worthy Mt. Auburn Street mentor has obviously become somewhat confused here in his statistics.)

Otto Grow: "Ef I kin get uh chanst to duck when me boss ain't lookin', I'll be there. Ya can't tell me they're goin' to play baseball alla time!