IMMOVABLES MEET IN COLOSSAL CRASH

In 50 Years of Playing Baseball With All Sorts of People--Interest of Infield Centers on Third

In a game that won't be over until the last man has been retired, the CRIMSON baseball nine will tackle the Daily Princetonian diamond aggregation on Soldiers Field this morning. Either F.V. Field '27 or J.F. Barnes '27 will be on the mound for the home team, while the Jersey invaders will count on the strong left arm of H.C. Rose, veteran of a long string of finish fights again the Tiger.

Today's game should provide a solution for the old question of physics, "when an irressistible force meets an immovable object what happens?" Only in this case it will be two immovable objects meeting each other. Neither team makes any secret about its strong defense. In 50 years of playing, with a game each year, the CRIMSON hurlers have allowed exactly 100 runs to their rivals. The Prince, too, has managed to limit its opponents strictly in the matter of runs. Both teams today will have to wait for a break, and when the break comes, the issue will probably be decided. This writer can't see how the game will be decided in less than 21 innings.

Three Base Limit Stops Runners

Both teams also boast powerful hitters, but they are not expected to give the opposing moundsmen much trouble. Three base hits will in all likelihood be frequent, but both teams in practice have shown a tendency to get picked off that base.

Taking the team man for man, we find that there are ten men in the starting line-up, though of course, one of the pitchers will not actually start the game. Coach R.H. Field '26 has not yet definitely named his starting hurler, but it probably will be Field.

David Worcester '28 is one of the few Juniors to break into the CRIMSON line up. He has been assigned the left field patrol in order that he might have the advantage of passing third base on his way in and out to his position.

The shortfield position will be covered by H.W. Foote '27. His arm is rated one of the strongest in amateur baseball, and his ability at luring men off third is unmatched. Together with Donald Gibbs '27, he will cover the keystone sack. Gibb's right arm has been ailing this spring, but he has readily learned to throw with his south paw, and should be at no disadvantage.

Here's the Third Baseman

V.O. Jones '28 will cover first base, well away from third, and the infield will be completed by R.A. Magowan '27, who will cover the hot corner. Magowan, besides being on excellent terms with the Prince's third base coach, is such a ferocious hitter that he has become known as the Growler or the Cougar. An the basepaths he is usually referred to as Teargrass.

J.L. Prescott '27 and R.T. Smith '27 will cover center and right field respectfully. Both men are known as fast, they throw well, and bat from either side of the plate, in the same inning if necessary.

Of the battery, much has already been said. To be brief, it has everything--speed, curves, a change of pace, a drop, a fadeaway. The baseball management will supply it with gloves, a mask and a chest protector. What more could a battery want?SNAPPED IN AN INFORMAL POSE DURING FIGHT TALK MANAGER OF CRIMSON TEAM