LYMAN WILL GIVE INGERSOLL LECTURE

Lecture Annual Feature Established in 1894--Dr. Lyman Is Professor at Union Theological Seminary

The Ingersoll Lecture will be given this year by Dr. E. W. Lyman, theologian, author, and lecturer, it was announced last night in a statement to the CRIMSON. The topic of the address will be "The Immortality of Man". It will be given the latter part of April in Emerson Hall.

The lectureship was established in 1894 by Miss Caroline Haskell Ingersoll, who left funds for the establishment of an annual lecture on the subject, "The Immortality of Man".

The lectureship was founded upon the condition that the lecture should not be made a part of the regular curriculum offered by the University, and should not be delivered by any professor or tutor in his usual routine of instruction. The choice of the lecturer is not limited to any one religious denomination nor to any profession.

Last year, the lecture was given by Dr. Harry Emerson Fosdick, who spoke before a capacity audience in Sanders Theatre.

Dr. Lyman, who is to give the lecture this year, is Professor of the Philosophy of Religion at the Union Theological Seminary, in New York. As an author, he has written several books on theology, two of which are, "Theology and Human Problems" and "Experience of God in Modern Life." In addition to writing books, he has also been a steady contributor to various theological and philosophical magazines.