REVAMPED QUINTET FACES MIDDLEBURY

Hard Practice Session Has Followed Vacation Rest--Three Weeks Since Last Game

A revamped basketball team with Captain J. N. Barbee '28 at right guard will be seen tonight fighting for the University when the Crimson players meet the Middlebury College team at 8 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium. This will be the third contest of the season for the University hoop-men, the first two games being lost to Boston University and Brown University consecutively.

The score of the latter game, 33-30. was close enough to indicate that the Harvard team had improved since their opening game with Boston University. That was over three weeks ago. Since that time the team has had a rest, having no game scheduled during the vacation, and has been having a hard practice session since the close of the Christmas recess.

During the past week Coach E. A. Wachter has been drilling the players by means of hard scrimmages, and trying to work out an effective combination of forwards and guards that will prove successful in the game tonight.