NO INJURIES RESULT FROM SATURDAY'S GAME

SCRIMMAGE TODAY AT 3 O'CLOCK IS OPEN TO PUBLIC

With the entire squad coming through Saturday's encounter against Springfield unscatched, Coach Horween yesterday began his drive to repulse the invasion of the Southerners in the form of the North Carolina team which will visit the Stadium next Saturday.

New Plays Tried

A variety of new running and passing plays was given out in yesterday's session. In a dummy scrimmage the team B line opposed the team A line behind which two sets of backs worked alternately, using the new plays. For the passes, T. W. Gilligan '31, A. E. French '29, David Guarnaccia '29, and W. R. Harper '30 worked as the first combination. Gilligan did most of the tossing with French or Guarnaccia on the receiving end, but French also tried his hand at heaving the pigskin. For the running plays E. T. Putnam '30 took over the direction of the eleven in place of Gilligan. The second backfield included T. F. Mason '30, S. L. Batchelder '31, A. W. Huguley '31, with Sumner Putnam '31 calling signals.

After this workout, Coach Horween carefully reviewed the mistakes of Saturday's game with the whole squad. He then gave the linemen a drill on fundamentals and spent some time in instructing the backs on the principles and-fine points of interfering.

Gildea Back Today

J. H. Gildea '31 has recovered from his leg injury by now, and though he was prevented from attending practice yesterday by a class, he will be in uniform today. J. G. Douglas '30, the only other man absent yesterday, was enjoying a day of rest. He too, will be on hand for today's workout.

This afternoon at 3 o'clock the first eleven will engage the scrubs in the first of two scrimmages in preparation for Saturday's encounter. The practice today will be open to the public, according to an announcement made last night.