SOCIALISTS WILL STAGE SECOND THOMAS RALLY

MEETING LISTED FOR LIBERAL CLUB ON FRIDAY

Alfred Baker Lewis, Socialist candidate for the United States Senate in Massachusetts, will be the principal speaker at the second open meeting of the Thomas-for-President Club to be held on Friday, October 12 at the Liberal Club.

Mr. Lewis has been prominent in Socialist circles for a number of years. Since 1924 he has held the office of state secretary of the Socialist party. He was active in relief work during the course of several strikes and attained some prominence in Sacco and Vanzetti's defense.

Manning Will Speak

Among the other speakers will be Frank J. Manning, Socialist candidate for United States Congressman from the sixteenth Massachusetts district. Mr. Manning comes from a strong Socialist district. He has been president of the Boston Educational Forum and is on the executive board of the Young People's Socialist League. A member of the defense committee of the Sacco-Vanzetti case, he also was appointed confidential secretary of the general strike committee of the New Bedford Textile Council.

Donald Thompson 1 Dv., president of the Thomas-for-President Club, will preside over the meeting. Thompson has been the Bosgton organizer of the Young People's Socialist League and was interested in the organization of the United Textile Workers of America in Fall River.

The meeting of the Liberal Club will be held at the house on 66 Winthrop Street and will be open to students of the University. After the speakers have completed their talks, questions will be in order from members of the audience.