ERICKSON SPEAKS AT P. B. H. THIS EVENING

SCHOOL DIRECTOR WAS ALBANIA'S PEACE REPRESENTATIVE

Dr. C. Telford Erickson, director of the Albanian-American School of Agriculture and confidant of Ahmet Zogu, king of Albania, will speak this evening at 7.45 o'clock in Peabody Hall. Phillips Brooks House. Doctor Erickson has just returned to the United States from a two months visit in this recently established European kingdom.

Speaking on the subject "Cabbages and Kings" Dr. Erickson will talk on the conditions now existent in Albania, until recently one of the most backward countries in Europe. During his activity as an independent worker in this country for most of the past 20 years, he has had an opportunity to observe first hand, financial, agricultural, commercial, and political conditions.

Erickson Has Varied Career

Dr. Erickson has been, during his years spent in the Balkans, missionary, social worker, government adviser, government representative, and director of the agricultural school. He was Albania's representative at the Paris Peace Conference, and has taken active interest in the reconstruction and uplift of the nation since the War. He was in the country in September when Ahmet Zogu, then president of the Albanian Republic, was made king, and finds in the change a wise step toward the advancement of the nation.

The Albanian-American School of Agriculture was established through Dr. Erickson's efforts four years ago, opening a new opportunity for the advancement of the welfare of the country.