EDUCATIONAL FILMS TO BE USED IN CLASSROOMS

TO BE AVAILABLE FOR STUDY IN ALL INSTITUTIONS

With the completion of the two reel film which the University Film Foundation has been making of Harvard undergraduate life, this organization, the first of it kind in the country, starts procuring films to be used in Harvard classrooms.

The object of the Foundation is to operate, in connection with Harvard University, a completely equipped center where films and photographs of educational and scientific value may be produced, collected, and from which they may be borrowed. Plans are being laid for a film library of unprecedented dimensions.

Officials of the Foundation project the use of the moving picture camera to aid in studying subjects in Botany, Zoology, Fine Arts, Industrial Management, and most of the other fields of educational endeavor.

On the board of trustees of the University Film Foundation are a number of Harvard administrators, business-men graduates, and educators. Through an Executive Committee the Board of Trustees will control the activities of the Foundation. The membership is limited, for the present, to 100 persons eminent in fields of Education, Science, Art, Religion, Medicine, Industry and Commerce in this and other countries.

The Foundation will not confine its work to the production of films made in conjunction with Harvard, but will work under the scientific direction and with the assistance of specialists from other institutions and organizations. The Foundation films will be available at a minimum cost to educational institutions all over the world.