HARVARD CLUB DOWNS RACQUETMEN BY 3 TO 2

B, C, AND FRESHMAN TEAMS WILL ENGAGE OPPONENTS TODAY

Yesterday the Boston Harvard Club beat the University squash team, 3 to 2. The match which was played on the Harvard Club's courts was featured with surprises chief among which was the defeat of B. H. Whitbeck '29, captain of the University team by R. W. Reed.

The matches were closely contested throughout, as is shown by the fact that three of the five continued for the full five games. The success of the Harvard Club's team was evidently due to the fact that they are now in the full swing of the season and in the peak of condition, while the University racquet-men plainly showed that they have not yet worked themselves up to their former form.

The summary follows:

W. J. Iselin '29 defeated F. S. Hill '24 (H. C.), 10-15, 15-7, 10-15, 15-3, 15-12; R. W. Reed (H. C.) defeated B. H. Whitbeck '29, 11-15, 15-11, 9-15, 15-11, 15-12; P. B. Watson '15 (H. C.) defeated J. L. Ware '30, 15-10, 15-10, 15-10, 15-11; Ogden Phipps '31 defeated Henry Jackson '15 (H. C.), 15-9, 15-10, 15-11; T. C. Thatcher (H. C.) defeated G. T. Francis ocC, 8-15, 15-10, 15-12, 13-15, 15-13.

Today team B faces the Union Boat Club team at the University Squash Courts and team C will play the University Club on the same courts. The Freshman team meets the Boston Athletic Association on the courts of the B. A. A. Coach Cowles is optimistic about the outcome of all these matches, and made especial comment on the fast yearling outfit.