CHEEK LEADS N.S.F.A. MOVE TO CODIFY ATHLETIC RULES

M. A. Cheek '26 was the chief proponent of a resolution to formulate a uniform athletic code for all American colleges and universities, which was adopted by the conference of the National Student Federation of America which met in Columbus, Missourl, during the latter part of the past week.

It was recommended that a national convention of student leaders, athletic directors, coaches, and athletes should draft the code and establish specific standards of amateurism, professionalism, and eligibility. Cheek pointed out that a serious disparity existed in eligibility rules and that a man could be a professional in one conference and an amateur in another.

There was an election to fill the positions held by the retiring officers, among whom was E. H. Miller 1L, president of the organization during the past year. The convention also made preliminary plans for next year's meeting which will be held at Leland Stanford University.

The Harvard representative at the congress was R. H. Field '26, who was appointed by the Student Council to attend the meeting.