GREEN QUINTET DOWNS FAVORED CRIMSON FIVE

D.F. O'CONNELL '29 IS HIGH SCORER FOR UNIVERSITY

By shifting its line-up at the middle of each period so as to have a fresh team constantly in action, the Dartmouth basketball quintet turned back Harvard Saturday night, 44-31. On the basis of comparative scores, the University five had been conceded at least an even chance of victory, but so effective was the Dartmouth plan of attack that the Crimson was never really dangerous.

The game was not particularly well played, both teams resorting to hard blocking and aggressive tactics throughout. Many fouls marred the play.

Dartmouth took the lead at the very outset and was never threatened, compiling an advantage of 19-13 at half time and steadily increasing it to the end. No individual brilliancy marked the play of the victors; most of their scores were the result of short cleverly executeed passes which caught the Harvard defense unawares. The Harvard five, on the other hand, showed a glaring lack of team work, and counted mostly on long shots from all parts of the court for its tallies.

Langdell, the Green center, was the high scorer of the game with seven baskets from the floor to his credit. Following him was Swarthout, diminutive Dartmouth forward, who scored nine points. For Harvard, D.J. O'Connell '29, a substitute forward played the best game, tallying nine points almost unassisted.

DARTMOUTH

HARVARD

Spaeth, Vossler, r.f. l.g., Hatch, Burns Swarthout, Schmidt, l.f. r.g., Barbee Langdell, Hein, c. c., Green, Harper Heep, Morse, r.g. l.f., Wenner Austin, Ellis, l.g. r.f., Slocum, O'Connell

Score, Dartmouth 44, Harvard 31. Goals from floor, Spaeth 2, Vossler, Swarthout 4, Schmidt, Langdell 7, Heep 2, Morse, Austin, Ellis 2, Hatch, Burns 2, Barbee 2, Green, Wenner 3, O'Connell 4. Goals from fouls Spaeth, Swarthotu, O'Connell, Schmidt 2, Barbee 3, Green. Referees, Crowley and Shea. Time of halves, 2 minutes