PLANS COMPLETE FOR ANNUAL CIRCOLO BALL

Patronesses for Function to Be Headed by Mrs. Lowell--Dinner in Honor of Maclagan Announced

Further plans concerning the annual Circolo Italiano Scholarship Ball to be held in the Swiss Room of the Copley Plaza Friday evening, March 30, were announced last night by R. B. Gierasch '30, chairman of the dance committee.

The patronesses will be headed by Mrs. A. Lawrence Lowell and include Mrs. Allen Curtis, Mrs. Charles N. Grandgent, Mrs. E. Farnham Greene, Mrs. Edward B. Hill, Mrs. Samuel Hoar, Mrs. George Lee, Mrs. Guy Lowell, Mrs. J. Tucker Murray, Mrs. Frederic R. Nourse, Mrs. Murray Potter, and Marchesa Ferrante di Ruffano.

The proceeds of the dance will go to the scholarship fund, upon which, each year, a student is sent to Rome for one year's study. This is the second year that the scholarship will be given. The committee which will decide upon the applicants, and determine the successful candidate for the honor, will be composed of Professor George LaPiana, Professor G. B. Weston '97, Professor J. W. M. Ford, and Professor C. H. Grandgent '83. Applications for this scholarship are now being received by the secretary, A. P. Caprio '29, at 98a Winthrop Street, Cambridge.

Announcement was also made last night by J. J. Faggiano '28, president of the Circolo, of a dinner to be held in the honor of Eric R. O. Maclagan, director of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, and at Present Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry in the University. The dinner will take place in the Union at 6.45 o'clock, Tuesday evening, March 27. Professor Maclagan will give an illustrated lecture at the banquet on "Michelangelo."