START CENTRAL SUPPLY ROOM FOR ALL SPORTS

WILL DEAL MORE ADEQUATELY WITH NEEDS OF EACH TEAM

The establishment of a central supply room furnishing equipment for all sports, and of a laundry room adequate to care of the cleaning of the outfits of the University athletes, has just been completed at Soldiers Field.

Henceforth the supply room will be the center of all athletic activities of the University, equipment for the several sports being stored and given out there. With this system, inaugurated through the efforts of E. F. Gamache '27, who is in charge of athletic equipment, the Athletic Association expects to make less material supply more men. Not only will much of the equipment be able to be saved from year to year, but a portion of it may be used for several sports. The central supply room will enable authorities to keep better trace of the outfits dealt out, and the needs of each team will be more adequately cared for.

As a result of this change in the equipment department of the Athletic Association, it is expected that much of the routine of the managerial candidates will be abolished, and that the less pleasant work of the managerial competition will be removed. Heretofore managers and assistants, especially in football, have been held responsible for much of the work connected with the equipping of players.

The problem of the reorganization of the equipment department has been studied from every angle, and it is after months of effort, work that has been constant since early last fall, that Gamache and his assistants have devolved the plan now in use.