ENTENTE CORDIALE

While the athletic breach between Harvard and Princeton remains officially as wide as ever, the Crimson and the Princetonian will tomorrow morning take another step toward unofficially spanning the gap. Tomorrow the journalistic nines of the two colleges will meet in their second annual diamond clash. The equipment of the rival teams will probably be more colorful than useful, catchers will catch without masks, base runners will worry little about hit and run or squeeze plays, and few people will probably bother to remember the score. Whatever the outcome, however--whether the game last four or fourteen innings--the occasion will be one of renewed friendships and general festivity on both sides.

Last year the Crimson and the Princetonian held a baseball game in Cambridge which was in the nature of a protest against the complete severance of relations between the undergraduates of the two universities. Old school mates took advantage of this initial venture in journalistic athleticism to renew ties of long standing, while the rest of the two editorial squads profited greatly from contact with their fellow workers from another college. The invitation from Princeton to continue this rivalry by a return game was accepted with alacrity by the Crimson diamond enthusiasts this spring.

It is impossible for any group of undergraduates at Harvard to voice the opinion of the undergraduate body as a whole. The Crimson, however, believes that it is representative of a much wider range of student opinion than that expressed by its own membership in desiring a revival of those occasions on which Harvard and Princeton undergraduates are freely thrown in contact with each other. The sources from which both colleges draw their students, the traditions and aims of the colleges themselves are too nearly similar to permit any breach, athletic or otherwise, to be of more than temporary standing.