RUNNING EVENTS APPEAR TO BE DIVIDED WITH YALE

TUPPER AND KIESELHORST BATTLE IN LOW HURDLES

When Yale sends its runners on to the Stadium track. Saturday in the thirty-fifth dual meet between the Crimson and Blue one of the closest meets in recent years should result. Counting up the tallies conceded to each team in undisputed events seems to throw the final decision into the dash feature.

The mile and two mile look like Crimson monopolies, with R. G. Luttman '29, J. L. Reid '29, J. O. Wildes '29, and Leslie Flaksman '29 able to better any time shown by Yale distance runners this, season. Berger of Yale in the mile, and Ingraham and Jacob in the two mile, have a bare chance of placing.

Close Fight Expected in 880

Hogan of Yale in the half, mile has been turning in times this spring that promise a close race with Captain A. H. O'Neil '28 or R. P. Porter '29. W. C. Peet '28 has not been running the half this spring, but has done better time than Porter. With these three threats, Coach E. L. Farrell has a strong combination.

The quarter mile will see Ross and Engle of Yale in action, two 440 men who should have little difficulty taking the first and second counts. Ross set a new Yale record in this event when he took the Pennsylvania meet two weeks ago in 48 and 2-5 seconds. L. D. Brayton '28 or F. E. Cummings '30 may be able to come through to a third.

The dash events are difficult to predict. Yale holds an advantage in the 220 with Walker and Ross opposing T. F. Mason '30 and C. H. Elsass '30. In the 100, A. E. French '29 is counted on to lead Kieselhorst and Walker.

Yale is expected to take the majority of points in the hurdles. Although G. A. Tupper '29 should give Kieselhorst plenty of opposition in the lows, the Yale man has the better record.