DEMOCRATS WILL HOLD CONVENTION

State Chairmen Will Meet This Friday for Arrangements--Delegates From Many States to Attend

For the purpose of nominating a Democratic presidential candidate for the 1928 election a mock convention will be held in New Lecture Hall a week from tonight at 8 o'clock. Delegates assembled will, in addition to choosing a Democratic nominee, frame a progressive Democratic platform.

According to the plans announced by the Harvard Democratic Club, the convention will be conducted under the same rules that govern the procedure of the Democratic national convention, the audience being split into delegations from the various states with a chairman leading each one. Measures are now being taken to prevent a preponderance of Eastern delegates at the expense of those from the West; it is planned that state representation should be approximately equal.

Despite the fact that the meeting is called for the purpose of choosing a Democratic nominee, all men interested in the progressive field of national politics are invited to attend irrespective of their party affiliations. Opportunity will be afforded everyone present to express individual opinions concerning the policies of national administration and the presidential possibilities.

After the several candidates have been designated and speeches made on their behalf, the party candidate will be chosen by the unit system, each state controlling one vote. The chairmen of the various state delegations, chosen by the men from the separate states who have expressed interest in the forthcoming convention, will assemble to arrange final details for the meeting, Friday evening at the Union.