THREE HARVARD CREWS HAVE LIGHT WORKOUT

YALE EIGHTS HAVE SHOWN GOOD FORM IN PRACTICES

Red Top, Conn., June 15--After the time trial yesterday, the workout for the first two crews was light both this morning and afternoon.

In the morning a brisk northwest wind combined with the ebb tide to make very fast conditions. Paddling downstream for a mile and a half the first two eights changed shells, rowed on a few strokes and then returned to the boathouse.

The Freshman and Combination boat, also favored by tide and wind, paddled over the two-mile course.

In the afternoon a strong flood tide against the wind made the water very rough. The first two combinations rowed down to the submarine base, where they met with high waves, and both shells shipped a great deal of water. With no floats downstream at which they could land to empty the shells, the craft were forced to return to the boat house with over two inches of water aboard.

Other Eights Workout

The Freshman and Combination outfits also practiced in the afternoon rowing down over the two mile stretch again. The trip, however, was made in stretches, and Coach H. H. Haines had his oarsmen keep the stroke low except for a number of trial racing starts.

With examinations over there is nothing for the oarsmen to worry about but rowing, and all three crews as well as the Yale combinations are settling down to a week of hard training prepatory to the race on June 22.

Varying weather conditions make any comparison of the Harvard and Yale crews impossible but the showing made so far promises one of the closest races in many years. Yale's crew has shown remarkable form in its practices at Gales Ferry so far, and the race will probably resolve itself into a contest for the jump at the start.

W. G. Saltonstall '28 leaves Sunday morning for Cambridge for a day in order to lead his class as first marshal for the Baccalaureate Sermon.