COLORFUL PROGRAM TO FILL BUSIEST DAY OF COMMENCEMENT ACTIVITIES

Battle of Confetti to Rage in Stadium at 4 O'clock--Lights to Glow in Yard Tonight

Today is the Class Day for the Class of 1928 and according to the final plans as announced by Hamilton Heard '28, Chairman of the Class Day Committee, it is to be the busiest day of the University's two hundred and ninety second Commencement Week.

The activities begin at 8.45 o'clock, when the Seniors will assemble in front of Holworthy Hall and march, in cap and gown to Appleton Chapel where Dr. Alfred Worcester '78 will conduct the services. The members of the graduating class will then have over an hour of free time before they must assemble again in front of Holworthy Hall, this time to march to Sanders Theatre, where the exercises provide the climax to the morning's procedure.

Sanders Opens at 10.15 O'clock

At 10.15 o'clock the Theatre will be open to the public and a half an hour later the Seniors will form and march in. At 11 o'clock the exercises will be opened, and Barrett Williams '28 will deliver the class oration. He will be followed by C. C. Abbott '28, who will recite the class poem, and J. C. Drier '28 will complete the program with his recitation of the class ode.

After the exercises in the Theatre numerous private spreads are being given by Seniors in the different dormitories for their families and guests. At 2 o'clock the Yard will be cleared, and Seniors are requested to keep their guests outside at that time in order to facilitate the work of the Junior and Sophomore ushers. The numerous bands that are placed throughout the Yard will then play for an hour. Small tables and chairs will be placed on the grass for those who wish to listen to the music.

At 3.15 o'clock the Seniors will assemble a third time in front of Holworthy Hall, this time to march to Soldiers Field for the Stadium exercises, after the Tree oration which will be given by J. P. Crosby '28. While the Tree oration is being delivered to the Seniors the graduates and the three lower classes will assemble with the Glee Club and will march to the Stadium. The Seniors, after Crosby has finished his oration, march around the Yale, led by the class officers cheering the buildings and the Tree.

At 4 o'clock they follow the graduates and the members of the lower classes to the Stadium where E. F. Clark Jr. '28 will give the Ivy oration. Three will also be cheering by the graduate classes, presentation of the Senior class banner to 1931, singing of "Fair Harvard" and the confetti battle.

Spreads to be Held in the Yard

Immediately after the exercises in the Stadium private spreads will be held throughout the Yard. They are: Pike Club, west end of Fogg Museum, Phillips Brooks House, rear of Stoughton Hall, Kex Club, rear of Holworthy Hall, Speakers Club, Wadsworth House lawn. A number of other private spreads are being given for which tickets were not sold.

From 7 to 11 o'clock the Yard will be the center of activities, with the climax of the evening's entertainment coming when the Glee Club sings on the steps of Widener Library. At 8 o'clock for those who prefer dancing to the more restful illuminated Yard, there will be dancing in Memorial Hall.

At 11 o'clock the day will come to close when the lights are turned out in the Yard and in Memorial Hall.