NOTRE DAME PLAYS HARVARD BALL TEAM

Veteran Crimson Moundsman Returns to Action--Harvard Nine Is at Full Strength for Clash

With its full strength available for the first time in over a month, the University baseball team will engage the Notre Dame diamond forces on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock.

Barbee Returns to Mound

J. N. Barbee '28, veteran moundsman who has been out of action since the Pennsylvania game on May 19, will see duty today. He was forced to leave that contest because of a rheumatic back and has been nursing it ever since. The rainy weather has hindered a more rapid recovery. With Barbee's return, the Harvard squad is now intact, as R. C. Sullivan '28 resumed his shortstop berth in the clash with Rhode Island State Thursday. G. E. Donaghy '29, now that Sullivan seems fit for service during the remainder of the season, will continue to cover the hot corner in the remaining games.

Outfield Shifted Again

Coach F. G. Mitchell still seems to be experimenting with his outfield. F. B. Cutts '28, one of the regular Crimson moundsmen, who played right field for five innings Thursday, will once again be used in the outer regions, taking his post at left field. He has been hitting well of late, and, as the mentor of the nine is attempting to bolster up the team's batting, will most probably hold a position in the outfield fairly regularly. Either. E. R. Todd '29 or A. G. Whitney '29 will be in rightfield, while Captain H. W. Burns '28 will take his regular post at center. Todd, a brother of former Captain Lee Todd '26, was promoted to the first squad a few weeks ago from the Seconds, where he was one of the leaders at bat.

Notre Dame Has Won 23 Games

The South Bend aggregation, travelling East for a post-season barnstorming tour, has a good record behind it, twenty-three victories and six defeats. In their debut in this district Thursday, the Notre Dame players met an 8 to 1 defeat at the hands of the strong Boston College nine. A lapse in fielding was responsible for their setback.

Edward Walsh Jr., Coach Mills' crack hurler, will be seen in action on Soldiers Field today. He has won five games in as many starts. Walsh is the son of "Big Ed" Walsh, former crack twirler of the Chicago White Sox. On the receiving end of that famous battery of years ago was William Sullivan, whose son is captain and second baseman of the Notre Dame nine.J. N. BARBEE '28