SOPHOMORES ASK FOR CLASS PROM

Backers of Project Find Need for Social Contacts--Petition Will go to Class Officials This Week

A petition for a Sophomore Prom is being circulated among members of the Class of 1931 by a group of interested Sophomores. Already 135 signatures have been placed on the petition, which will ultimately be presented to the class officers for consideration.

The text of the petition, pointing out that the Sophomore class is the only one which does not have its own dance, follows:

"Inasmuch as the Seniors have their Spread, the Juniors their Prom, and the Freshmen their Jubilee, we, the undersigned, believe that the Sophomores should have a dance, and will try to attend such a function if it takes place."

No Date Suggested Yet

No date or other definite arrangements have been suggested yet, since the petition is still in circulation. It is understood that the project must be passed by the Student Council after it gets the approval of the class officers, and then must be submitted to the University officials. Since a meeting of the Council is scheduled for the near future, the petition will probably go to B. H. Ticknor '31, president of the Sophomore class, late this week.

The backers of the plan feel that there is a need for some such function as a prom to bring the Sophomores together near the end of the college year. Many of the acquaintances made in the Freshman year are lost due to different rooming arrangements, and a dance, as the logical solution, would do much, they feel, to renew these friendships.