FILM FOUNDATION WILL SOON ISSUE 13 NEW FILMS

HAESELER, MANAGER OF HARVARD FILM, HAS GUIDANCE

The University Film Foundation is issuing a number of films to be shown over the United States during the month of January, it was announced last night by J. A. Haeseler '23.

These films were taken under the direction of Mr. Haeseler, who is at present working on a film of Harvard University. The films to be released are on a wide variety of subjects and are of different lengths, ranging from one to three reels.

The activities of the International Ice Patrol, which cooperates to a great extent with the Harvard Museum or Comparative Zoology, are depicted in a film called "Icebergs". The patrol has been in existence since the Titanic disaster, anti from that time on the Curator of Oceanography of the Harvard Museum has continuously served as scientific adviser to the Ice Patrol, and most of this time except during the World War, the navigating officer has been stationed at the Harvard Museum, working on scientific material gathered on the cruises.

Story of Transportation Included

One of the most instructive and entertaining films in the group is a "Brief History of Transportation", which deals with steam, motor, and air, transport. The film ends with striking scenes of the loading and taking off of the big air-liners that fly between London and Paris.

"White Man's Rubber", a film dealing with the manner in which rubber is gathered in the tropical jungle and the work on the rubber plantations of the East Indies, shows the manner in which rubber is obtained from plants and finally manufactured into the finished product.

During a recent trip to Africa, Mr. Haeseler directed two films, each of which presents a comprehensive survey of tribes on that continent. The first, "Berber Tribes of North America", was made in connection with an expedition from the School of Anthropology of Oxford University. The film shows the primitive water-clock, by which these people measure time. The film "Bedouins of the Sahara", shows the life of the nomads both in camp and oasis.