REID WILL FACE LERMOND IN FEATURE B. A. A. MILE

FARRELL PREDICTS HARD BATTLE ON SECOND OCCASION

J. L. Reid '29, captain of the University track team will once again face Leo Lermond, the Olympic star, according to an announcement of a change of plans which places the Harvard man's name upon the list of entries for the Hunter Mile, the feature distance event of the B. A. A. meet to be held in the Arena on Saturday evening.

In the Knights of Columbus games at the Garden last Saturday night, the Crimson captain gave Lermond a stiff battle, matching strides with the Olympic man throughout the last quarter of the mile race. Only a spurt by Lermond on the last lap which gave him an eight yard lead, was all that defeated the University runner. Last Saturday Reid was in the midst of a stiff midyear examination schedule, and as a result was not quite up to his usual form.

By the time of the B. A. A. games, however, he will have completed his examinations, and in addition, several days in which to get back into condition. Several track authorities picked Reid to win the race last Saturday, and Coach E. L. Farrell declared last evening that Lermond will have a hard battle to break the tape ahead of the star Crimson miler in the race this week.

Another change in the University plans for Saturday's meet is that now Reid has entered the mile, the Crimson runners will not participate in the two mile relay with six other colleges as originally announced.