NEW ART SOCIETY WILL HOLD EXHIBITS IN COOP

FIRST EXHIBITION SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 15

Arrangements are being made by members of the new "Harvard Society for Contemporary Art", for acquiring rooms in the Harvard Cooperative Building on Harvard Square, it was announced yesterday by the officers of the Society.

Many of the leading art dealers and patrons of Boston and New York have volunteered to assist the Society in attaining their object, "To bring a cross section of contemporary art before the eyes of Greater Boston by means of a series of monthly exhibitions."

The date set for the opening of the first exhibition, which is to last a month, is Friday, February 15. To exhibit will be the real purpose of the Society, if subscriptions can be obtained to total $6000. However, objects loaned by dealers will be on sale or obtainable through orders. So far, this total of contributions has not quite been reached, but confidence was expressed on the part of the executives that it would be soon. Many New York and Boston art patrons have supported the work generously while a general interest in the movement is evident in art circles.

The exhibits will consist largely of the graphic and decorative art in general, including ceramics, textiles, glassware, modern house fixtures, and small pieces of sculpture and furniture. There will also be paintings, drawings, and prints, representing types of contemporary work in those media.