Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Lining Them Up

The Ten In Tennis

The tennis season is all over except for part of the proverbial shouting. The official first ten has yet to be selected, and there are few who envy the U. S. L. T. A. its job. Not that all tennis enthusiasts won't do a little picking on their own hook, but they wouldn't relish the idea of having their choice branded as official.

However that may be, there is no question that guessing is good sport is almost any line, and it is in this general spirit that the following ranking is offered for approval. No. 1--Tilden; no. 2--Hunter; no. 3--Lott; no. 4--Doeg; no. 5--Van Ryn; no. 6--Mercur; no. 7--Allison; no. 8--Shields; no. 9--Coen; no. 10--Bell. The objections will be strongest to the last three. A good many will insist that Shields is too high, that Coen ought not be ranked, and that Mangin ought to receive consideration somewhere. And maybe they are right. Judging strictly on this season's record, there would unquestionably be some changes, but judging from an estimate of the ability and immediate possibilities of the players this rating seems essentially sound. Shields has been acclaimed the coming star of the country by Tilden, Richards, and others who ought to know. Anyone who has taken the time to watch this youngster with a critical eye cannot doubt the truth of the prediction. He has unlimited possibilities if he would only take the game seriously. Coen is another who has just started his ascent of the tennis ladder, while Bell's record seems to warrant his place.

Higher up there should be less question though some might consider Mercur overrated to a certain degree. He certainly handed Allison a most artistic beating in the Nationals, and compiled an impressive record for steady good play. Some would like to see Lott above Hunter, and a good many would like to see Doeg down the list some distance, but these two seem to have earned their ranking, even if there are few who can explain it reasonably.

Passes From New Hampshire

The New Hampshire Wildcats visit the Stadium for the first time this Saturday and expect to leave their mark on the Harvard players. Coach Bill Cowell, who is assisted by A. H. (Truck) Miller '27, former Crimson fullback and sprinting ace, boasts of one of the strongest teams he's had in years. His team will be sent into action with instructions to take to the aerial route as he doubts its ability to gain much yardage through the Harvard forwards. If the New Hampshire passes are as formidable as rumored, it would not be surprising to see the invaders score on Saturday.

In the two games played so far this season, against Colby and Boston University, the Granite State eleven has tossed 24 passes, of which 18 were completed. Six of the seven touchdowns run up against the two opposing teams were scored through the air. John Shea seems to be the main spring of the Wildcat passing attack. He is generally conceded to be one of the best passers in New England college ranks and it is hoped that his sharpshooting will give the Crimson secondaries a severe test. When Cagle and the Army come to Cambridge a week later, Harvard's anti-aircraft guns should see plenty of service and any preliminary target practice will be found most useful. --BY TIME OUT.