BUSINESS SCHOOL FILLED TO MAXIMUM CAPACITY

NEW METHOD OF ADMISSION WILL BE PUT INTO EFFECT

That the Harvard Business School is, this fall, for the first time filled to capacity, and that, in the future, admission to the school will be based not upon order of application, but upon selection of the best applicants, was indicated in a statement made yesterday to a CRIMSON reporter by Dean J. C. Baker of the Business School.

The school was originally planned to accommodate 1,000 men for 900 of whom dormitory accommodations were provided, while 100 were expected to live outside the limits of the school. Only a small proportion of this number was admitted the first year of the school's functioning, and during the past ten years the number of applicants each year has rapidly increased and the limit of enrollment correspondingly raised until last year when the capacity was finally reached. In previous years, a large number of College and Law School students have been accommodated in Business School dormitories. This year, it was necessary greatly to reduce the number of such students and there are now but 75 outsiders living across the river, as contrasted with 187 last year. Eventually it is the purpose of the authorities to eliminate altogether such outsiders.

Because of the fact that the limit has finally been reached, in the future, a change will be made in the method of admission. Previously if a man's entrance papers were in good condition, his application was accepted at once. This year, however, no applications for next fall will be accepted until March, when notifications of success or failure to gain admission will be sent to all applicants up to that date. In case the quota is not then filled, applications will continue to be received until the full number of desirable students is obtained.