CRIMSON RIDERS FACE DANVERS IN PRACTICE

Unofficial Tilt to Mark Beginning of Polo Season--Freshmen Will Meet Andover Saturday

The University polo team will oppose the Danvers Riding Club tomorrow afternoon in an unofficial game at Danvers. In this till which is of an entirely informal character, various combinations of the players will probably be tried out. Last year's intercollegiate indoor and outdoor champions, the riders are working to hold their titles.

Members of the squad are E. T. Gerry '31, veteran of last year's champions, H. I. Nicholas, Jr. '31, a member of the 1929 second team, J. H. Holden '30, R. K. Leonard '31, J. Richardson '30, and P. S. Owen '32. From last year's Freshman squad are A. L. Castle, Jr. '32, Crispin Cooke '32, W. O. Luton, '32, and N. W. Kimball '32. These men comprise the group which has been working out regularly under the direction of Captain F. D. Sharp, Assistant professor of Military Science and Tactics.

Of the members of the group, Gerry leads with six goals official rating; Nicholas and Castle have one each.

The polo team will practice outdoors until about the end of November, or as long as the weather permits. Then, after a layoff of two weeks, the group will go indoors, to prepare for the opening of the winter season.