PROPHETS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY

As the only agent for bringing to Cambridge lecturers of national and often international reputations, the Union has rendered an important service in recent years. In the past its list of speakers has included such interesting personalities as Christopher Morley, Count Felixvon Luckner, Alexander Woollcott, Ford Madox Ford, and the arctic explorer Stefansson.

But although the Union the occasionally listed members of the University among its speakers, it has taken too little advantage of the large group of interesting lecturers living at its very doors. Many undergraduates, through the restriction of the course requirements of their field of concentration or merely because the number of courses a student may take has definite limit, go through their college careers without having heard more than a few of the "greats" of the University.

The Union could appreciably increase the opportunity for a large number of students to widen their acquaintance with the best teachers of Harvard, even if this acquaintance be of necessity limited only to the fleeting contact between a lecturer and his listeners. It is to be hoped that tonight's speaker, Dr. Reisner, professor of Egyptology, will be but one of many Harvard professors to be heard in the Union's Living Room this year and in years to come.