TEN THOUSAND MEN MULTIPLY TO 55, 151

Comparison With Yale Shows Harvard Has 19,326 More--Volume Divided Into Three Sections

The traditional ten thousand men of Harvard have become 55,151 according to the 1929 edition of the Alumni Directory which is being printed this week and will go on sale next week.

Of these, 55,151 70.2 per cent are holders of degree of one sort or another while the other 29.8 per cent attended the University without receiving any recognition of their efforts. The 1929 Yale Alumni Directory lists 35,825 living Yale men or 19,326 less than Harvard can boast.

Published Every Three Years

The Alumni Directory is published every three years and the current edition as in the past will be divided into three distinct sections. The first will compose an alphabetical list of Harvard men now living, whether or not they are recipients of degrees. In this are recipients of degrees. In this group will also be added the years of attendance in the University, and the degrees received.

The second section will be an alphabetical list of women now living who hold Harvard degrees. There are 303 names in this group, as compared with 203 in 1926.

The third group will be a geographical list of Harvard men whose addresses are now known. The years of attendance in the University are listed, the degrees, and the activity in which the men are now engaged.

Many Details Secured

Although it was impossible to secure any details from 3,842 Harvard men, facts concerning 18,000 of the graduates were received above their personal signatures. This is a 23 per cent higher numerical return that has ever before been received as a result of mailing prospectuses to the Alumni. The data received otherwise was gained in every possible war: friends of the men, relatives, clubs, and all conceivable sources were investigated in order to secure an accurate report.

Massachusetts leads the states with the highest number of Harvard men.