PLACEMENT OFFICE TO MEET SENIORS

Will Take Trip Through East, Middle West on Similar Mission Later on in the Year

Through its director, J. F. Dwinnell '02, the Harvard Placement Office is planning to arrange meetings with Seniors who are in doubt as to what occupation they will follow. This office, newly created, is primarily for the purpose of aiding alumni, but arrangements are also being made for the placement of Seniors as well. Vocational advice to upperclassmen will also be made even though ultimate placement does not necessarily follow.

So far this season the officers, Mr. Dwinnell and D. H. Myer '27, assistant director, have been engaged in making, contacts with certain companies in Boston, finding out about possible jobs, what provision is made to take care of college graduates, and the attitude of employers in general to new men. The director is planning to make a trip later in the year through the Middle Atlantic States and the Middle West to do the same type of work. Here he will cooperate with the committees which have already been established in many of the local Harvard Clubs, and expects to establish similar connections.

A Harvard Alumni Committee consisting of A. D. Will, Jr. '03, Robert Coonley, and H. W. Holmes '03, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, has raised a fund totalling $60,000, for the financing of the service for the next three years.

The office is arranging meetings for Seniors who wish to receive advice and information; no fee will be charged unless the man is actually placed in a position by the Employment Committee. Its office is now open to students and alumni, in Wadsworth House.