HARVARD PROFESSORS GIVE LOWELL LECTURES

K. F. MATHER PLANS ILLUSTRATED LECTURES

The Lowell Institute this year announces that five Harvard Professors will be listed among the speakers in the annual series of free public lectures to be held in Huntington Hall, in the Rogers Building, 491 Boylston Street, Boston.

Starting Monday, November 19, a course of eight lectures will be given by G. A. Reisner '89, professor of Egyptology, telling of his explorations in Egypt.

George La Piana, professor of Church History will talk on Christianity at the beginning of the fifth century, and also on Saint Augustine, Bishop of Hippo.

At the same time, Professor A. N. Holcombe '06 of the Government Department will deliver a course of six lectures on the spirit of the Chinese Revolution. Sun-Yat-Sen and the spirit of democracy, Borodin and Bolshevism, Chiang Kai-sek and militarism, Feng Yu-hsiang and religion, T. V. Soong and capitalism, and C. T. Wang and modern science will be among the characters discussed.

A course of eight illustrated talks is to be given by K. F. Mather, professor of Geology, and geologist of the United States Geological survey, on the geologic history of mankind, presenting from the point of view of a geologist the known facts and scientific theories concerning the origin of the race and its prehistoric distribution upon the face of the earth.