In the Graduate School

Seven Commonwealth Scholars Enter Graduate Schools

Thirteen foreign countries are represented among the students of the Business School, statistics of the enrolment revealed yesterday. Forty-three states of the Union, and also three foreign possessions are also represented.

Several of the foreign students are either the official representatives of their governments, or have official connections. The countries represented are China, Cuba, Great Britain, Germany, India, Japan, Norway, Poland, Russia, Siam, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Many Officers Are Enrolled

The United States Government is represented by 22 officers of the Army and nine of the Navy. Of the Army officers assigned to study at the Business School, ten hold the rank of major or above.

In the cosmopolitan group of 685 students enrolled in the School, 175 colleges, American and foreign, are represented by their graduates. Harvard holds first honors with 104. Leland Stanford, 3,000 miles away, is second with 28; Dartmouth with 22 leads by a slender margin Yale and Princeton with 21 each. The University of Kansas follows with 14, then comes Williams and the University of Wisconsin with 11 each, followed by the University of Virginia, with 10.

Population Ratio Followed

Except for Massachusetts, with 137 of its residents enrolled, the distribution of students by States follows roughly the population figures, giving additional emphasis to the representative quality of the student body. New York sends 63, California 46, Ohio 45, Illinois 34, Pennsylvania 21, Iowa and Minnesota 18 each. Wisconsin 14, and Virginia 12.