THE JOHN BARNARD ASSOCIATES

The most recent volume to be prepared by the John Barnard Associates, the autobiography of Walter Crane, is again an artistic effort representative of the excellent taste and good judgement of this group of Harvard bibliophiles. The facsimile of the Shelley Note Book which they announced several weeks ago, represents another work which is one of the most notable contributions for the aid of English scholars in recent years.

It is by means of societies such as this that many unfortunately obscure manuscripts are made available for scholars. These books and pamphlets which are prepared by this purely altruistic group are issued to libraries and scholars for the single purpose of furnishing literary contacts which would otherwise be impossible. The fact that the John Barnard Associates produce their work with such well informed care, and yet without receiving the recognition due to such valuable efforts is indicative of a humanistic spirit that is of great significance in an educational center. It is fortunate that Harvard is the nucleus of this worthwhile movement.