HARVARD SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE RECEIVES AWARD

Success Along Lines of Paris School is Basis of Judgment--Harvard Not Regular Competitor

The Harvard School of Architecture has been awarded the Medal to Universities of the American Group of the Societe des Architectes Diplomes parle Gouvernement Francais, according to news just received at Robinson Hall.

This Medal is awarded to that school which, in a given year, has shown the best record of accomplishment in the teaching of architecture along the lines followed by the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. The award is made not simply on the actual record of the men in competition in the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design in New York; in fact, the Harvard School does not enter regularly into these competitions, and usually sends drawings only two or three times a year.

The award is made partly on the basis of drawings sent and partly on a careful investigation by a committee of the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design. It takes into consideration, therefore, not only the actual designs of a given number of men, but the general record and standing of the school.