YALE HAS HARD SCRIMMAGE

New Haven, Conn., Nov. 19--A dummy scrimmage between the first Yale team and a scrub eleven, clad in crimson jerseys and using the Harvard formations, featured the first workout of the week this afternoon as the Elis began preparation for the final game of the season against the Crimson in Cambridge on Saturday. Every member of the Blue squad reported for practice, including Albie Booth, Hoot Ellis, Alf Beane, and Tom Taylor, all of whom received treatment in the infirmary yesterday for minor injuries.

The scrub team, which has been drilled in the Harvard formations during the last two weeks by Coach Bill Webster, imitated the Crimson offense, emphasizing especially the aerial attack. Barry Wood, expert hurler, is expected to be the center of the Harvard attack against Yale, and Head Coach Mal Stevens has decided to continue to drill his charges in presenting a strong defense to a forward passing attack, as he did all last week preceding the Princeton encounter. The scrubs used a variety of formations which Harvard has used this season, in order to familiarize the Elis with the type of attack to expect at Cambridge.

Booth was allowed to take part in the drill for only 15 minutes. The star Yale back limped considerably and appeared to be rather pale, as a result of being confined to the infirmary since last Thursday. While he was in the dummy scrimmage, he called signals and ran with the other backs in two or three plays. If Booth is used at all against Harvard, it will probably be for only one period. Head Coach Stevens stated that Booth's injury, a torn muscle, the vastus intermedius, usually requires several weeks before the leg can be used without a limp.

Adam Walsh, line coach, gave the linesmen a brief session in charging and blocking practice. He pointed out that Saturday's game was to be decided by the performance staged by the two opposing lines, as both teams have excellent backfields. Coach Walsh also told his men that he expected them to break through the Harvard line and break up Barry Wood's passes. Coach Ducky Pond took charge of the backs in the drill on fundamentals preceding the supervised scrimmage, and pointed out mistakes that had been made in the Princeton combat