CREW STROKED BY WATTS WINS UNIVERSITY RACE

Talbot's Sophomore Crew Wins Over Timpson's in Class Race as Season is Closed

The fall heavyweight crew season was brought to a close yesterday afternoon with two close races on the Charles. In the University race, rowed over the Henley distance in the basin, the crew stroked by P. H. Watts '31 was victor by a margin of six feet over the second boat to finish, stroked by D. B. Lawrence '31. About two and a half lengths behind Lawrence's crew was that of S. W. Swaim '32. One length to the rear was the crew of R. W. Pearson '31. This race was the final outdoor one for the year, and after a layoff, crew candidates will report for indoor practice, which is held on the machines and in the tank of Newell boat-house. No times of the race were given out.

The final class crew race of the season was won by the Sophomore group stroked by N. B. Talbot '32. His crew was followed by that of R. C. L. Timpson '31, one and a half lengths behind. This race was held over the one mile course in the basin.

The 150-pound crews will finish heir fall season tomorrow afternoon. They have been practicing regularly, and have had several races during the all.