INDOOR POLO BEGINS AT COMMONWEALTH ARMORY

FRESHMEN REPORT FOR INITIAL PRACTICE TODAY

Harvard's indoor polo activities were launched at the Commonwealth Armory yesterday afternoon when the University squad galloped through its initial winter workout under the guidance of Captain F. D. Sharp, Crimson polo coach.

The practice was more or less a resumption of regular workouts which had been going on outdoors all Fall. All the men who reported were members of the informal Fall squad. Practice will be held there throughout the Winter, the University squad drilling on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the Freshmen on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The University schedule includes two games with Army, two with Yale, the usual Cleveland-Cincinnati trip, and the regular Armory schedule of games in the Boston league. In addition the team will play in New York around the end of March or the beginning of April.

Gerry Only Handicap Man

Having lost both F. A. Clark '29, and G. O. Clark '31 of last year's championship team, Coach Sharp has a great deal to do to round his team into shape. However, Captain E. T. Gerry II '31, the only Crimson man with a handicap rating, H. I. Nicholas Jr. '31, and E. K. Jenkins '31 return to form a nucleus for the squad. Crispin Cooke '32, W. F. Luton '32, A. L. Castle '32, P. S. Owen '32, G. R. Holden '31, R. K. Leonard '31, and N. W. Kimball '31 complete the squad that turned out yesterday.

Freshmen Report Today

Eight Freshmen made up the Fall 1933 squad and these men will report today to inaugurate Freshman practice. F. S. Nicholas was the outstanding man during the Fall practice campaign and he is depended on to be the mainstay of the Freshman indoor trie. C. M. Bliss, John Drum Jr., P. E. Dutcher III, T. B. Eastland Jr., J. T. Nute, St. John Smith, and Walton Wetten are the other seven men who are expected to turn out today.