TRACK MEN GO THROUH PACES DAILY IN CAGE

COACH FARRELL NOW RECOVERING FROM OPERATION

Although Coach E. L. Farrell '24 is still recovering from an appendicitis operation, the track men have turned out in good numbers and are going through their paces daily indoors without his services. Although the work is largely informal, it is being taken seriously in anticipation of Farrell's return.

Captain T. E. Mason '30 has not yet reported. Among the promising dash men who have come out are A. L. Watkins '31, J. B. Hawes '32, and F. V. Nissen '31, J. W. Crickard '32, star sprinter of last year's Freshman team, is reported to be on probation, but expects to be eligible by midyears. D. E. Mitchell '32 and E. W. Remick '30 are also showing up well.

David Cobb '31, who won the mile in the Harvard and Yale--Cambridge and Oxford meet and who is the Crimson's best miler, is being handicapped by an injury received during the cross country season. A leg muscle, pulled in practice, kept him out of the Yale meet and the I. C. A. A. A. A. contest.

Prospects for a fine mile relay quartet are excellent with such men as F.E. Cummings '31, N. P. Hallowell '32, J. W. Fobes '32, E. E. Record '32, R. J. Boches '32, V. L. Hennessy '30, and W. C. Rowe '31. From this group at least three exceptional quarter-milers are expected. Hallowell, R. C. Aldrich '31, and G. N. Barrie Jr. '32 appear to be the leading men in the half mile, but have sturdy opponents in Boches. A. M. Vinton '30, and several others.

Record and F. J. Mardulier '30 are the star hurdlers who are working out, and Rowe is a consistently good broad jumper.

An informal Handicap Track Meet open to the University and Freshmen is to be held today at 3.30 o'clock in the new cage. This will include the 40 yard dash, 45 yard high hurdles, and 800 yard run.