English and Radcliffe Debaters in Argument About the Versatility of Plymouth Rock--Debate in Agassiz House

There apparently remains some doubt in the minds of certain Harvard students as to the merits of the Pilgrim Fathers. To settle this weighty question once and for all, and also to pass verdict on the passive role of the Plymouth Rock in the establishment of Boston society, a British Debating Team, composed of former members of English colleges, now at Harvard, and a Radcliffe College team are to clash tonight in Agassiz Hall, Radcliffe, at 8.15 o'clock in a bitter dispute. The question is: "Resolved, That it would have been better if the Plymouth Rock had landed on the Pilgrim Fathers, rather than the Pilgrim Fathers on the Plymouth Rock."

It is, of course, the British Debating Team who are to uphold the affirmative. T. L. Jarman, Davison scholar from New College, Oxford, K. G. F. Balfour '32, formerly of Eton College, and Miss E. Mandelbaum, Radcliffe '32, are those who will deseant on this side Opposing them in deflance. Mrs. E. Linden, Radcliffe '30, Miss Lingerfelter. Radcliffe '31, and C. W. Lightbody 1G of Toronto University and Worcester College, Oxford, will take the floor. Professor Garrod of Merton College, Oxford, has kindly consented to preside. As the debate is open to the public and the motion is to be thrown open to the house, Back Bay is expected to be present in full force to back the Radcliffe cohort.