PROFESSOR E. ALLISON PEERS OF LIVERPOOL SPEAKS TONIGHT

Has Been Visiting Teacher at Columbia University Recently

Professor E. Allison Peers of the University of Liverpool will give a public lecture in English tonight at 5 o'clock in Emerson J. Professor Peers, Visiting Professor of Modern Comparative Literature at Columbia University this year, has been at the University of Liverpool since 1920 when he succeeded the great Cervanies scholar, James Fizmaurice-Kelly, as Professor of Spanish.

In 1918 Professor Peers founded the Modern Humanities Research Association, an international body for research in modern languages and literatures, and is now its secretary. He also organized a yearly vacation course in Spanish held in the north of Spain. He is an honorary member of the American Association of the Teachers of Spanish, and a corresponding member of the Hispanic Society of America.

A number of books have been publish by Professor Peers dealing chiefly with Spanish mysticism and Spanish Romanticism, but including also studies of English literature, of France in he eighteenth century and of educational methods.