SCHOLARSHIPS GIVEN FINE ARTS STUDENTS

Corporation to Make the Awards on Recommendation of Committee--Sum May be Set Aside

Two fellowships with an income of $2,000. each for a full year, and one with an income of $1,000; for a half-year, have just been established at Harvard University by Arthur Sachs '01, according to an announcement made yesterday at the Fogg Art Museum. By the terms of their foundation, these fellowships as to be assigned to scholars of proved ability, whether students, instructors, or others, for the purpose of enabling them to pursue in any part of the world advanced studies in the history, principles, or methods of the fine arts. They are open to any American or European man or woman and are to be awarded annually on the basis of evidence submitted by the applicants.

The Corporation of Harvard University makes these awards on the recommendation of a committee consisting of the President of Harvard University, the President of Radcliffe College, the Directors of the Fogg Art Museum, the Chairman of the Division of Fine Arts and such others as these five may select. The holders are eligible for reappointment in case such re-appointment may seem desirable. If in any year, no suitable candidates appear, the sum available is to be set aside in a separate fund, which may be used to help the Harvard University Press, defray expenses incurred in publishing Fogg Art Museum publications and the work produced by any of the Shady Hill Research Fellows.

Applications for the year 1929 will be in the hands of Professor George H. Chase, Chairman of the Division of Fine Arts, Harvard University, on or before March 1, 1929.