The Golden Staircase

THE PRESS

The evolution of chapel attendance has progressed one step further at Tufts with a slight modification of last semester's regulations so that now each student will receive a mark for chapel attendance, the same system of marking as in regular curriculum courses to be used. Under the new regulations more than nine chapel cuts will constitute a failure to pass the chapel requirement

The official notice, emanating from the faculty meeting, follows:

Students are to be required to attend chapel two days a week in a division selected by the student subject to the approval of the Dean.

The statement for the requirements for degrees of A.B., B.S. and S.T.B. are to include attendance at chapel during the period a student is in residence.

A student absenting himself from chapel not more than three times during the semester will receive a mark of A; four or five times a mark of B; six or seven times a mark of C; eight or nine times a mark of L; more than nine times a mark of FF. Any student receiving a mark of FF in chapel must attend chapel with two different groups the following semester and will receive a grade in each group.

Absences due to names being on the sick call shall not be counted.

Voted to have the Deans arrange for the making up of absences from chapel during the first semester that have not already been made up. --The Tufts Weekly.