Perspiring Ping Pong Potentates Perform Perseveringly Pushing Pills 'Pon Planked Platform in Preceptor's Pit

Proof of the growing interest in ping-pong at Harvard is furnished by the popularity of the tournament, now being conducted by Harry Cowles Squash and Tennis Shop, in which many prominent squash and ten-is players are entered. Heading the list of seeded men is M. T. Hill '31. Other seeded players are H. M. Culley, Gurdon Worcester, A. G. Thacher Jr. '29, R. S. Kazanjian 2G., G. H. Perkins 3S.A., W. J. Iselin '29, and A. Ingraham '30. B. H. Whitbeck '29, captain of the University tennis team, and T. E. Jansen '26, runner-up in the State squash tourney, are listed among the entries.

The winner and runner-up of this tournament will receive prizes paid for by the entrance fees of 25 cents. If this contest is a success a handicap tournament will be held in the near future.

Ping-pong tables have been installed in the Union, Gore Hall, the Harvard CRIMSON, and several clubs in the University. A Freshman tournament is in progress at Gore, and installation of a duplicate outfit in the Smith Halls common room is being contemplated by the dormitory committee.

In fact recent developments indicate that the new craze is on the verge of becoming an intercollegiate sport. The daily paper at Dartmouth has challenged the CRIMSON to a game. No definite plans have yet been made, however, for a tilt between the journalists.